- How do I use the Air New Zealand Airpoints™ Mall?
- To be able to shop at the Airpoints Mall and earn Airpoints Dollars™, you need to be a member of the Air New Zealand Airpoints programme and have a New Zealand address. If you are already an Airpoints member, and live in New Zealand, you can start shopping straight away. If you are not an Airpoints member but reside in New Zealand, you can join the programme here.
- Do I need to join the Air New Zealand Airpoints programme to earn Airpoints Dollars when I purchase through the Airpoints Mall?
- Yes, you need to be a member of the Air New Zealand Airpoints programme and have a New Zealand address to be able to use the Airpoints Mall.
- Can I purchase from the Airpoints Mall if I am not an Airpoints member?
- No. You must be an Air New Zealand Airpoints programme member and have a New Zealand address to be able to purchase from the Airpoints Mall.
- How do I start shopping and earning?
- Choose a retailer on the Airpoints Mall you want to shop with and click the ‘Shop Now’ button.
Remember, you must sign in to the Airpoints Mall and click through to a retailer from the Airpoints Mall every time you shop in order for us to match your purchase and award you with Airpoints Dollars. If you want to shop at multiple retailers, don’t forget to come back to the Airpoints Mall first, before clicking through to each retailer’s website.
- Can I earn Airpoints Dollars if I am not an Air New Zealand Airpoints programme member?
- No. You must be a member of the Air New Zealand Airpoints programme and have a New Zealand address to be able to earn Airpoints Dollars from the Airpoints Mall. Join online – it’s free and easy to register.
- How do prices compare on the Airpoints Mall?
- Shopping at the Airpoints Mall is the same as shopping directly with the retailer, and you won’t miss out on any of their special offers either.
However, by shopping via the Airpoints Mall website you get the added benefit of earning Airpoints Dollars on every purchase, including sale items, clearance items and discounted lines, unless explicitly stated in the retailer’s Terms and Conditions.
- I signed in to my Air New Zealand account and made purchases via the Airpoints Mall, but my purchases are not yet showing up in my Airpoints Mall transaction history?
- Within 5 days of your purchase, you will receive an email to the email address in your Air New Zealand online account confirming your Airpoints Dollars are “Pending” in your Airpoints Mall transaction history (your transaction history can be viewed when you are signed in to the Airpoints Mall, by clicking on “My Account” and then “Transaction History”). Please check your “junk mail” folder in your email client in case the email from the Airpoints Mall has been automatically filed there.
- Your Airpoints Dollars will then be “Approved” and made available in your Airpoints account within 48 hours of this email being sent. If your Airpoints Dollars do not appear in your Airpoints account within 7 days of your transaction it may be that the web browser used at the time of purchase had cookies disabled (cookies allow us to track your purchase - without them, there’s no way for us to see that you visited the Airpoints Mall and for our system to allocate Airpoints Dollars to your account. Read more about cookies here).
- My cookies are enabled, but my purchases still aren’t showing up in my account?
- Here are some handy tips to help ensure you receive your Airpoints Dollars:
- Make sure you sign in to the Airpoints Mall and click on the ‘Shop Now’ button for your chosen retailer.
- Ensure you return to the Airpoints Mall after every single retailer’s site you have shopped at. Then select the next retailer you want to shop at by clicking on the retailer’s logo on the Airpoints Mall
- If you decide you want to purchase something else after you have completed check-out from a particular retailer, close the retailer site window and start the process again from the Airpoints Mall home page
- Don't retrieve previously saved items in your shopping cart; start completely from scratch
- Don’t click on another banner or website promoting the retailer before you complete your transaction. If you must visit another site before completing your purchase, please use a different browser to do so. Interrupting the browser session that started from the Airpoints Mall can affect us tracing your transaction and awarding you Airpoints Dollars
- Telephoning the retailer to complete or modify your order will likely override the Airpoints Mall referral (and therefore your Airpoints Dollars award)
- Some advertising blocking software programs prevent the special tracking codes we need to track your purchases, therefore, please disable the blocking software before using the Airpoints Mall.
- I’ve had some Airpoints Dollars cancelled, why is this?
- Airpoints Dollars can be cancelled for a number of reasons. The most common reasons are:
- You have returned the products you purchased to the retailer for a refund
- Your payment failed or your credit card wasn’t accepted by the retailer
- You visited another website in-between clicking ‘Shop Now’ on the Airpoints Mall and making your transaction on the retailer’s site
- Your transaction didn’t meet the retailer’s Terms and Conditions for rewarding of Airpoints Dollars – e.g. your transaction was made from a category on the retailer’s page that is ineligible for earning Airpoints Dollars
- If a coupon code is used that is not listed under “vouchers” on the Airpoints Mall, Airpoints Dollars will not be awarded for this particular purchase. However, some exclusions may apply. If you have a coupon or voucher and are unsure whether it can be used, contact us and we will find out for you.
- I forgot to sign in before buying something. Can I still earn Airpoints Dollars on my purchase?
- Airpoints Dollars cannot be retrospectively allocated after purchase. The next time you shop, make sure you visit the retailer’s website via the Airpoints Mall so that cookies can track your visit and we can allocate Airpoints Dollars to your account.
- Are my Airpoints Dollars immediately credited to my account?
- Within 5 days of making your purchase, we will send an email confirming that your Airpoints Dollars are “Pending” in your Airpoints Mall transaction history (which you can view when you are signed in to the Airpoints Mall, by clicking on “My Account” and then “Transaction History”). Your Airpoints Dollars will then be “Approved” and made available in your Airpoints account within 48 hours of this email being sent.
- The transaction status of your purchase will be updated to ”Approved” within 7 days of your purchase, provided the purchase has not been returned or cancelled. The awarding of Airpoints Dollars are subject to both the Airpoints Mall Terms and Conditions and the retailer’s Terms and Conditions.
- Please note, when a retailer’s Terms and Conditions are not met, items are returned or a transaction is cancelled, this may result in your Airpoints Dollars for that purchase being cancelled.
- How do I know how many Airpoints Dollars I will earn?
- The Airpoints Mall will clearly outline your Airpoints Dollars earning from each retailer. In most cases, this will be expressed as a number of Airpoints Dollars earned per NZ$100 spent at the retailer.
- If a retailer is offering 1 Airpoints Dollar per NZ$100 spent, and your transaction total is NZ$250 (excluding tax and shipping), you can expect to receive 2.5 Airpoints Dollars.
- Will I earn Airpoints Dollars for postage/handling or tax included in my transaction?
- Airpoints Dollars can be earned on international postage ONLY when shipping your products using New Zealand Post’s YouShop service. This excludes earning on any GST, duty and customs clearance costs. In all other instances, postage, handling and tax are monies paid to other organisations separate from the online retailer and therefore do not earn Airpoints Dollars.
- Can I see my Airpoints Mall transaction history?
- Yes, you can see all your Airpoints Mall transactions within your account area, whether they are “pending”, “approved” or ”cancelled” in your “Transaction History” found under the “My Account” tab. You will need to be signed in to access the “My Account” area.
- Why have I earned more or less Airpoints Dollars with the same retailer?
- Airpoints Dollars earning rates can go up or down - the current rate is always displayed on the site so remember to look at the current rate in order to know what to expect. If you are shopping at an overseas website, remember that exchange rates can change on a daily basis and may not be the same exchange rate as last month, for example.
- There's an online shop which I visit frequently, but it's not part of the Airpoints Mall. How can I get it added?
- We're constantly adding and looking for new online retailers, so if you know of a great website that you'd like to see added to our growing list, please get in touch.
- What happens if I cancel a purchase I’ve made or if I want a refund?
- You can cancel purchases and get a refund in the usual way that you would do directly with the retailer. However, you will not earn Airpoints Dollars for any cancelled or refunded sales and any Airpoints Dollars that have already been made available for that purchase in your Airpoints account will be deducted.
- I was interested in a retailer that is no longer listed, can you tell me why?
- From time to time retailers may decide that they no longer wish to participate in the Airpoints programme. When this happens, we remove them from our Airpoints Mall.
- Can I use my Airpoints Dollars to purchase products directly from the Airpoints Mall?
- No. To redeem your Airpoints Dollars through the Air New Zealand Airpoints programme please visit here.
- Are my personal details safe?
- Will I be contacted directly by any of your retailers?
- The Airpoints Mall will not share any personal information about you with the retailers. However, please note that when you click a ‘Shop Now’ link to a retailer, you will leave the Airpoints Mall completely and be subject to that retailer’s Terms & Conditions. If you leave your details with a retailer, they may contact you.
- A cookie is a small piece of data used by web servers to help identify web users. Cookies can be turned on and off by you at any time in your web browser menu. Cookies allow us to award your Airpoints Dollars for your transactions with online retailers.
- How are cookies used at the Airpoints Mall?
- How can I check if my cookies are turned on?
- In Internet Explorer, you open up the browser then:
- go to "Tools",
- select "Options",
- under "Privacy" move the settings slider to "Medium" or lower, hit "Ok."
- go to "Tools"
- select "Options"
- under "Privacy", select "Accept cookies from sites", hit "Ok."
- go to "Edit",
- select "Preferences",
- under the "Security" tab in the "Allow Cookies" section, select "Only sites you navigate to", hit "Ok."
- Click the Chrome menu icon
- Select “Settings”
- Near the bottom of the page, click “Show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, click “Content settings”
- Select “Allow local data to be set (recommended)”
- What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
- To reset your Airpoints programme password, click here.
- What do I do if I forget my sign in details that I used to join with?
- Get in contact with us.
- How do I update my personal details?
- Change your personal details at any time by signing in to your online Air New Zealand account at airnewzealand.co.nz and going to the My Profile page
- Where will the Airpoints Mall retailers deliver to?
- You will need to check with each individual retailer for full details of their delivery options.
If NZ$100 = 1 is displayed, it means you will earn 1 Airpoints Dollar™ for every NZ$100 you spend.